Tuesday, November 30, 2010

long shadows

Back in the Sad Place, the season of long shadows came with bitter cold. The ground would turn hard and I would wake up to the white snow and angry winds. My feet would hurt and I had to stay inside my plastic barrel and wait for weeks and weeks until the shadows grew short again. Here in California, long shadow season is much kinder. The people complain about temp-er-a-tures "in the fifties" and tuck me in with extra blankets. That's very nice. I've never been so warm while waiting for the sun to come back.

9 comments:

  1. I think you lucked out double! It's been so great to see you in your new life, and California has to be the perfect place to do it. We love reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more plastic barrels for you, little man, unless they're for playing in. Stay toasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chunk you always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pair of volunteers came in to the League on Sunday to offer massages. They went in and sat on the Karunda bed with Pierce and massaged him all over. He looked like he had found doggie nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the handsome-est boy in the world Chunk! I'd like to wrap you in blankets and hold you in my lap and tell you I love you! Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little sweetie pie! I'm so glad you're toasty warm here in California. Land of dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is stunning how well Chunk looks. His coat is shiny, skin is not pink any more, his eyes gleam, and we won't even mention the man boobs. What a transformation!

    I loved his blog post from Thanksgiving Day where he just kept saying "Wow" about everything. And the part where he is following Elliot around to learn the ways of the house - that was adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry Chuck - it's all blankets and snuggles from here on out! I woke up this morning to find my husband had tucked our pittie in under his winter coat (and she was already sleeping in bed with us!) - can you say spoiled?

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower but badrap! Nice to hear your stories. Going back to read some more of them :)

    ReplyDelete