Wednesday, July 20, 2011

green thumbs

Behind the house is my yard where I lay in the sun and chew bones and dance around with Eva Peace. But a few weeks ago, the Man and the Lady took us past the gate to the little yard on the side of the house. Flowers grow back there, and sometimes I go with the Lady or the Man to water them. This time, we brought some new plants with us to put in the dirt-filled boxes that Eva and I like to walk in.

Here I am helping hold the trowel.


Handing the trowel over to the Lady so she can dig a hole for the new tomatoes.


Chaperoning as the Man waters a new tomato plant.


Here I am making sure there's enough water to make tomatoes with.


Me, getting ready to watch my tomato plant grow.


No sir! That cage is not for me--I am not a tomato!


Getting hugs and pets now that the planting is done.


(PS: Don't worry about the funny thing on my ear in some of the pictures. I just had a hematomato growing on my ear that had to be fixed at the doctor's office. It's all better now!)

8 comments:

  1. Chunkers! in addition to being adorable, you are such a helpful little guy. I'm glad your ear is OK! :)

    http://maisieme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! and so helpful! Do you get an allowance for all your hard work? I'm pretty sure you do! Your ear looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sir, you are not a tomato! But you look like a mighty fine trowel holder and tomato plant growth supervisor. Look out--you might just earn yourself a set of Greenies like Robin got if you can convince those tomatoes to grow well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chunk I just adore you! I work in a community garden with people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless and you are always welcome to come garden with us and help out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a great garden boy! Hope you're ear is feeling better!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hema-tomato! I LOVE it. Chunkins, you are so darn funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you MUST have a green thumb seeing as how you've even managed to grow hematomatoes on your ears!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I want Chunk! How about posing for http://imnotamonster.org/? Let me know if you're interested! I'd love to have you on our site & Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete